Hi, and welcome to the official reboot of the Hunger Games Simulation! Yeah, funny that the guy whose tributes and suggestions created a bit of a stir in the original HGS is making the reboot post, I know. Before we begin, here are the rules. And a link to the HGS wiki as that's where we do the editing.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the thread's moderators, Psychedelicate, Troper No. 9001, Vengeful Bale, and Zanreo, preferably through PMs. They're in charge of keeping the game running smoothly, including making critical decisions in regards to players who begin to show reprehensible behavior.
Heres a link to a more updated list of rules here.
open/close all folders
Thread Rules and Guidelines
Thread Rules and Guidelines
In order for this forum game to run as smoothly as possible, all participants are expected to follow the rules and expectations laid out below. These rules are subject to change, so please check them periodically!
- No reserving a spot for yourself so you can edit your tributes in or nominate them in a new post. Same goes for nominating them, but providing the pictures later. Like posting nominations during an ongoing season, this is also unfair for the other players who haven't nominated yet. When nominating tributes, you must provide pictures of them in your initial post in order to join a season. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disqualified.
- However, new accounts who can't post external links are exempted from this rule. If you can't nominate tributes because of this, please let us know, and someone will be happy to provide them for you.
- Tip: If you can't provide pictures right away, save the image links somewhere safe (such as a notes app or a PM to yourself) before you're ready to post. It's highly recommended to prepare your next set of tributes ahead of time.
- Do not switch tributes after the running process has begun. If you have changed your mind about what tribute/s you would like to nominate for the season, you may change them as long as the runner hasnt already begun running the season. If you do change them after the running process has begun, the runner will not change them for you, and the tributes you have initially nominated will be locked in. If the runner(s) is/are struggling to get a good save for an extended period of time, you are allowed to swap out any of your watchlisted tributes with a "safer" one to ease the running process.
- Refrain from nominating the same tributes more than two seasons in a row (Battle Royales and Death Battles dont count). Any and all tributes (including character variations) nominated by a troper will have a mandatory four-season cooldown before they can be nominated again by that particular troper, with the Battle Royale and the Death Battle as exceptions, as well as if a tribute is nominated within the cooldown by another player. Anyone caught breaking this new rule will be automatically disqualified. Additionally, a leniency for a tribute in cooldown will be given if they appear in, and only in, massive group tributes (such as cast tributes, the universe, etc). A "duo, trio, quartet, etc." type of tribute will not receive this leniency. Everyone is encouraged to make an effort to nominate a diverse range of tributes, although you can re-nominate tributes you have nominated previously time and time again. However, continuously nominating the exact same tributes several seasons in a row is not allowed, as other players will very quickly become sick of them. Those who break this rule will be automatically disqualified.
- The interval between seasons must be 24 hours long, at minimum. This is to give everyone a fair chance to nominate their tributes before the next season begins.
- Along with the 24-hour minimum interval for nominating tributes, there is also a 36-hour maximum interval for looking for a host. If no one volunteers to host the next season by the time the interval expires, then the last host will do so again to keep the thread going. Exceptions can be made if said host is unable to do so due to outside circumstances.
- Do not nominate your tributes while a season is underway. It is unfair to participants who nominate their tributes after the season has concluded, as it gives those who nominate them during a season a head start in the nomination process. Anyone who violates this rule will be disqualified from the next season.
- Refrain from nominating controversial figures. This includes high-profile politicians (e.g. Donald Trump) and any Real Life individual who is generally controversial (e.g. Harvey Weinstein). Certain tributes can be allowed back in after the controversies surrounding them have died down (usually several months, depending on how severe they are). However, some would be considered permabanned if they have been confirmed to have done something absolutely unforgivable (e. g. pedophilia).
- It is the runners responsibility to ensure that a high frequency of deaths early on in the season is not present, and that pedophilia or any other extremely Squicky events do not occur. If a save includes an Arena Event or a large quantity of deaths occurring before Day 3, and/or an underage tribute is involved in a sexual event, it should not be used for the season.
- Everyone is expected to follow the TV Tropes Text Formatting Rules. The two most important ones are outlined below.
- Please take note that we have an RP thread of this here, where players can roleplay as their tributes based on what happens in seasons. If you are hosting a season and an ASAS RPer doesn't go by your interpretation of events in the RP, it's okay. Accept the fact that they decided to go with their own interpretations of their tributes and events and move on.
Each participant may submit 1 tribute, who shall be their main tribute, and they can submit 1 more as a reserve, which will be put in a list, where they will be randomized after the nomination period closes to fill in the remaining spots. We used to allow up to 2 main tributes, with 2 additional reserves, but since the seasons are quickly and consistently being filled up to the maximum number of tributes in this version of the sim (48), we had to halve them starting in Season 185. If you don't specify which of your two tributes is the reserve, we will assume that the second one is, so choose carefully. Also, reserves that do not make it in the season are not counted towards the Tribute Cooldown Rule.We are aware that the updated version of the sim allows up to 200 tributes, but we are still waiting for the Event Import/Export function to be implemented so we can easily transfer our massive backlog of events.
Nominating tributes is simple. Just provide your tributes names, as well as an accompanying image, preferably in this format:
[[(Image Link) (Tribute Name)]]
It is recommended that you specify each of your tributes gender, especially if there is a chance that the runner may mistake them for a member of the opposite gender, or they are nonbinary/genderqueer. You may also provide a death picture of each of your tributes if you wish. The minimum picture size that the simulator allows is 90x90 pixels, so please keep that in mind.
If you change your tributes after posting, you have to make a new post informing about this.
While we are lenient on what tributes you can nominate (except for controversial figures, as stated in Rule 5), you must state if any of them are underage by stating their age or their estimated age if unknown. Since different countries/states/jurisdictions have different laws on what the age of consent is, we will be going with 18, since the site is based in California. These tributes will be protected and put on the watchlist, and they will be flagged under the following colors:
- Light Green - tributes who are typically late teens (18-19 years old). They can be shipped with other adults as long as the age difference isn't disturbing.
- Yellow - tributes who are typically early to mid-teens (13-17 years old). They can be shipped with other yellows and also yellow-greens provided that the age difference isn't disturbing.
- Orange - tributes who are typically pre-teens (10-12 years old). They can be shipped only with other oranges, but they must not be involved in NSFW events.
- Red - tributes who are typically young children (<10 years old). They can be shipped only with other reds, but they must not be involved in NSFW events, or if shipped, overtly romantic events (e. g. making out).
- Black - tributes who are typically babies/toddlers. They are absolutely unshippable and must not be involved in NSFW events.
As a general rule, these tributes are allowed to have Precocious Crushes on the adults as long as the adult(s) doesn't/don't return their feelings. They are also allowed to be shipped only with other tributes within the same flag level. However, some tributes have very unusual cases (e. g. tributes who are Older or Younger Than They Look), so they might be flagged higher or lower on the watchlist. If any of your tributes fall under this, please say so.
The watchlist also applies to group tributes. If there's at least one member of the group who is flagged, then the entire group must be flagged as well. Because the resulting pairings are always disturbing, mixed-age group tributes that contain kids must be black flagged.
This is more of a guideline than a hard rule, but please specify your tribute's gender if it's not immediately obvious what gender they are, particularly with crossdressers and androgynous tributes. Non-binary tributes or those that are genderless or of Ambiguous Gender can be assigned either pronouns due to our sim's limitations (the updated version has them, but we're still waiting for Event Import/Export), but if you headcanon them to be of a specific gender, then please say so in your nomination post.
Tributes must be flagged according to their age at the end of their source material in question, unless you are specifically nominating a younger version of them. If that is the case, please make this clear in your nomination post. However, this rule is exempt for tributes who are better-known as their younger selves, e.g. Homestuck tributes.
Note that flagging rules also applies to things like character figurines, plushies, and similar/other representations of specific characters. Even if they're inanimate objects, they're still representations of the character in question, and will have to be flagged as such.
All players will be required to post flags for a flagged character every time they are nominated, no matter how many times they have been nominated before. This is done to make sure the runner knows that the tributes in question are part of the watchlist, so that there will be no uncomfortable pairings in retrospect.
In addition to the regular flagging system, certain tributes will need or can use additional conditions for who they can and can't be shipped with. Typical examples of these are:
Non-sapient animals: If an animal/non-human(oid) creature tribute is non-sapient (e.g. regular real-life animals), they will have to be flagged for this and can only be shipped with other non-sapient animals.
Related tributes: If two tributes have a family relationship, whether biological or adopted - say, you nominate a pair of siblings - you can add a note to not have them shipped with each other. This also applies for if one person nominates one character and another nominates the other. Note that for siblings, cousins, ect. this is optional, but parent/child tributes will always need to be special case flagged for this.
Elderly tributes: Old tributes (typically tributes 65 years or older) should also get a special case flag, letting the runner know to be careful about who to potentially ship them with.
If your tribute doesn't fall under these three cases but still needs to be flagged this way, don't hesitate to ask the mods on how to flag them properly.
Additionally, please note that the image you use for your tribute will represent the incarnation of said tribute, including their age (specifically, how old they are by the end of their source material). For example, if you are nominating Naruto, and his image shows him as his Shippuden self, he must be flagged as yellow because his Shippuden self is a teen.
As stated in Rule 6, it's the runner's responsibility to make sure that none of these tributes get into any disturbing pairings such as pedophilia or extremely Squicky pairings in general. If you're not sure about a pairing during running, don't be afraid to ask.
While you are allowed to swap out any of your watchlisted tributes if running becomes too difficult, please be mindful if there are other watchlisted tributes already nominated. If you feel that your tributes would burden the runner further, consider swapping them out with "safer" ones.
During the intervals between seasons, players can suggest new events to be inputted in the save we use for all seasons. However, players must be very mindful about what events they suggest. Before suggesting an event, consider the following:
- Is this event already included?
- Is it too similar to another event already included? (Do a quick ctrl-F in the event list if youre unsure.)
- Does it make sense?
- If its a fatal event, is it made clear that the tribute dies in this event, and is it clear who killed them?
- If it references a specific work, will non-fans of said work still be able to understand the event?
When suggesting events to be inputted in the thread, other players are likely to notify you if the event fails to meet any of these criteria; nonetheless, you should double-check and make sure that the event youre suggesting is good to go. If it needs to be worded a certain way, re-word it.
Additionally, when suggesting events, always make sure you surround them with [=this markup=]; otherwise, terms such as (Player1) and (him/her3) will show up incorrectly, which can create problems in the way events are coded and create more work for the runner.
You must also follow these guidelines:
- No events with slurs in it. While swear words are allowed, slurs are offensive and they violate the site rules.
- No gender-specific events. Since the sim randomizes the tributes involved, events that specify or imply their gender can easily make Unfortunate Implications if the wrong tribute is chosen (e. g. a cis or trans male tribute declaring that he "ain't no man" and killing another).
- If the event is questionable (i. e. overtly romantic or suggestive), please blacklist it for the Clean Save. This will be used in case of a big watchlist to ease running. This also includes unrequited/one-sided love events, starting in Season 184 because even these events have proven to slow down running using the Clean Save due to inappropriate crushes.
- No events that are blatant Take Thats against specific people, works, or companies. These can become potentially offensive in the long run and cause Flame Wars.
- If the event has two or more tributes dying, be mindful of who dies first. The sim kills off tributes from left to right, regardless of what the event says, i. e. in an event where P1 kills P2 before being killed themselves, P1 will end up dying first because of the sim. Events like these could easily mess up the placements and kill counts. However, multideath events where the death order isn't specified (which implies that the victims died within milliseconds of each other, or more or less at the same time) are allowed.
- To prevent too many events being suggested for each season, making them all take a long time to add and potentially causing delays, each player can suggest up to 15 events per season. If more than this are suggested, the remaining events after the first 15 will not be added. Arena events will each count as one event under this. You are allowed to exceed the limit by 1-5 events, but any more than that will require the excess events to be reserved for the next.
In the HGS, we often organize themed seasons, where everyone is encouraged to nominate tributes according to a specific theme. Although every participant is encouraged to do so, if you are having difficulties with coming up with tributes suiting the theme, or you simply dont want to nominate tributes corresponding to the theme, you are allowed to nominate regular tributes instead. Ideas for possible future themed seasons can be suggested in the thread or, more ideally, on the official Discord server on the appropriate channel.
And that should be that. Here's a save of the simulation, just so you know what to expect.Now's start the nominations for the first season of the reboot!
- Lord English◊ death◊
- Thanos Waluigi◊ death◊
Reserve: Team Public Service
Edited by MacronNotes on Dec 31st 2021 at 7:34:34 AM
The 8th Hunger Games were won by Soren Galloway from District 5 at age 18.Who won the 10th Hunger Games? ›
Lucy Gray Baird is the District 12 female tribute and victor of the 10th Hunger Games.Would you rather questions Hunger Games? ›
|Would You Rather…|
|1||Have Katniss for a friend||Have Peeta for a friend|
|4||Be a tribute||Be an Avox|
|5||Try to get supplies and weapons at the Cornucopia||Run for the woods|
|6||Have the person you love most in the world be chosen as a tribute||Be chosen as a tribute yourself|
Haymitch is the victor of the 50th Hunger Games, better known as the second quarter quell.Why did Katniss get an 11? ›
Katniss Everdeen - 11, for her skill with a bow and arrow and her fierce temper. (Highest training score in the 74th Hunger Games).Who won the 30th Hunger Games? ›
The 30th Hunger Games were won by District 11's 16 year old Seeder Howell. These Games were quite popular through all of Panem. The Games took 5 weeks to complete.Who won the 70 Hunger Games? ›
The 70th Hunger Games was the Hunger Games that took place four years prior to the start of the series. These Games were won by Annie Cresta, the female District 4 tribute. These Games are mentioned in Catching Fire, though little is known about them.Who won the 12th Hunger Games? ›
The 12th Hunger Games were won by 18 year old Miles Higgins from District 7. This year's games' arena were an exact replica of the tropical wetlands within the Amazon Rain forest from before the Dark Days.Why can't the old lady talk in Hunger Games? ›
While the Hunger Games film never talked about it, the Catching Fire novel explained why she could only communicate through hand gestures. Katniss briefly mentioned that a previous stroke could have caused Mags' garbled speech. However, post-traumatic stress disorder could have also caused her speech incapacity.What is the most famous line from The Hunger Games? ›
“As long as you can find yourself, you'll never starve.”
Thresh was the male tribute from District 11 in the 74th Hunger Games. Strong, powerful, and resourceful, he posed a serious threat, along with Cato, to the other tributes participating in the Games.What gender is Hunger Games? ›
Overview of The Hunger Games
Katniss Everdeen is a 16 year old female who is strong, intelligent, and confident, and skilled at hunting, archery, and caring for her younger sister. Peeta Mellark, the male counterpart to Katniss, is a physically strong, emotionally expressive, and a baker and cake decorator.
The level of technology in Panem varies significantly from area to area. The Capitol is a technologically advanced metropolis, utilizing advanced science and engineering to make life easier for its plutocratic citizens.How did Panem come to exist? ›
Panem is a sovereign nuclear state and democratic constitutional republic established sometime after a series of ecological disasters and a global conflict brought about the collapse of modern civilization.Was there a 100th Hunger Games? ›
The 100th Hunger Games were won by sixteen year old Graces Wyler from District 5 after she competed in three subsequent games to become the sole survivor.What would the 100th quarter quell be? ›
The 100th Quarter Quell: Jealousy.Why did Peeta paint Rue? ›
Peeta painted Rue's picture to hold the Gamemakers responsible for her death. Seneca Crane was the previous Head Gamemaker, who was executed for allowing two victors.Why was Cinna killed? ›
Cinna understood Katniss in a way that many couldn't, making them close friends in the film. His design of Katniss' wedding dress resulted in his execution, as Katniss was forced to watch him mercilessly dragged out.Why was Katniss name in 20 times? ›
Poor people often need tesserae to survive, so the children of the poor end up having their names entered numerous times. Katniss, who is sixteen, will have her name in twenty times, and Gale, who is eighteen, will have his in forty-two times.Why did Katniss disown Gale? ›
It seems Katniss disowned Gale for just endorsing the special bomb that Beetee created, even when Gale didn't send the bombs over the capitol children. In the second movie she also seemed very friendly with Beetee.
The arena was a desert, as Atala mentions. In the bloodbath, all of his Career allies died, and he ran off with the ally from 7. On day two, he killed two tributes with his scythe. Days passed, and some of the remaining tributes were getting killed off by dehydration.
Placing. The 75th Hunger Games was exceptionally unique as it was the only Games to have no victor. It also had the largest alliance consisting of fourteen members. This Hunger Games is also one of the shortest games, if not the shortest, lasting a total of 3 days.Which was the longest Hunger game? ›
The 74th Hunger Games lasted for 18 days. This is a short summary of the main events each day.Who won the 1st Hunger Games? ›
The 1st Hunger Games were won by 16 year old Esme Yule.How old was Mags when she won? ›
At the age of 16, Mags became the victor of the 11th Hunger Games. Her skill with fish hooks and other natural skills she likely acquired from living in District 4 probably played a role in her victory.Was Caesar Flickerman killed? ›
In The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2, Caesar is featured in a Capitol announcement about the alleged death of Katniss and Squad 451 in a Peacekeeper attack, when actually only Leeg 1 and Leeg 2 were killed. His ultimate fate is not revealed in the books, but Collins later revealed in an interview that he survived.Who won the 45th Hunger Games? ›
The 45th Hunger Games took place 29 years prior to the start of The Hunger Games series. These Games were won by Chaff, the male tribute from District 11, who lost his arm from the elbow down during the Games.Was Haymitch the only District 12 winner? ›
Haymitch Abernathy was District 12's second and only living Hunger Games victor for 23 years, having won the second Quarter Quell before Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the 74th Hunger Games under his mentorship.Who is the youngest person to win The Hunger Games? ›
The 65th Hunger Games took place nine years prior to the start of The Hunger Games. These Hunger Games were won by Finnick Odair of District 4 when he was only fourteen years old, making him the youngest tribute to have ever won the Games.Why does Mags kiss Finnick on the lips? ›
Chia Mags kisses Finnick on the mouth to briefly let him know that this is the last time she will see him. It's her way of saying "Goodbye" but in a more affectionate way.
He is "broad-shouldered and strong." Part of Peeta's left leg was amputated following the 74th Hunger Games, forcing him to walk with the aid of a prosthetic leg for the rest of his life.Why did Peeta lie about Katniss being pregnant? ›
Biography. During the interviews for the 75th Hunger Games, Peeta lied about Katniss being pregnant to try to protect her from the Games, and Katniss later stated that she miscarried due to an electric shock in the arena to avoid further questioning.What did the dummy Katniss Hung say? ›
The final day of training consists of the private sessions with the Gamemakers. During her session, Katniss makes a noose for a dummy and paints on it the name of "Seneca Crane," the previous Head Gamemaker.Why did Katniss say yes to the 76th Hunger Games? ›
Katniss was actually revolted by the idea of the Games, but voted in favour in order to make Coin think she was supportive of her. Haymitch seemed to notice this, and voted in favour because of Katniss, which makes her realise that they are very alike after all.What was Finnick's speech? ›
Then, Plutarch and Haymitch encourage Finnick to give a revealing speech too. Finnick tells the scary truth that President Snow prostituted him, under pain of death. He says the only way he got through it was by learning dangerous truths about all the famous and wealthy people he had to have sex with.Who stopped Katniss from killing herself? ›
During the supposed execution of Snow, she instead shoots Coin, due to her being responsible for Prim's death. She then attempts to kill herself with the suicide pill attached to her uniform, but Peeta stops her.Who almost killed Katniss? ›
In the 74th Hunger Games, Clove was the only Career tribute who came close to killing Katniss twice — at the Bloodbath and at the Feast, and certainly seemed to have a deep hatred for her, perhaps because Katniss received a higher score than her.Who was the first person Katniss killed? ›
Glimmer's death occurs by chance. Katniss drops a tracker jacker nest on the Career Tributes' camp while they are sleeping, and Glimmer is stung to death before she can get away. Marvel is the first person that Katniss intentionally kills.Is Katniss queer? ›
Katniss becomes visibly queer when she and Peeta go to the Capital for the Hunger Games. Surrounded by stylists and media specialists, Katniss is transformed and beautified.What is Katniss real name? ›
Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence): The heroine of the trilogy has what initially seems like a not-so-heroic moniker. (Her best friend, Gale, calls her Catnip.)
Peeta Mellark, the male counterpart of Katniss, is a physically strong, emotionally expressive male who is a baker and cake decorator (Collins, 2008).What was the poorest district in Panem? ›
District 12 was the smallest and poorest of the thirteen districts of Panem. Located in Appalachia, it had a population of around 10,000 people prior to being firebombed by the Capitol. District 12's main industry is coal mining, but after the Second Rebellion, their main industry was converted to medicine.
After the second revolution, District 13 rejoined Panem, forcing them to partake in the Games. They are looked at very unfavorably by the Capitol, as the District was once the central hub for all rebellion in Panem.Are all 12 districts in Panem? ›
Each district was responsible for a different segment of Panem's economy, and, together, they kept the post-apocalyptic world habitable. There were 12 distinct districts within Panem. The entire nation was run by an authoritarian-totalitarian dictatorship led by President Snow from the Capitol.How long did Panem exist before the Dark Days? ›
We know that the history of Panem stretches for a time that is at least longer than 75 years. We know this because 74 years ago, the original districts rose up against the Capitol during a period known as the Dark Days.Is Panem supposed to be America? ›
Fans of the popular The Hunger Games trilogy know that the stories are set in Panem, a futuristic area previously called North America, with a capital located somewhere in what was known as the Rockies.What happened to America before Panem? ›
The Pre-Panem Era
A global war breaks out between the world's major powers over what little remaining resources are left, leading to the collapse of human civilization in North America and throughout the world.
The only reason she survived the Hunger Games was that she was a stronger swimmer than the other tributes, suggesting that she may not have needed to directly kill anyone.Who won the 9th Hunger Games? ›
The 9th Games were won by Savera Inchcape at age 18. These Games were unpopular since they ended so shortly. However, a good majority liked these Games since there was a lot of violence this year.Who wins the 76th Hunger Games? ›
The 76th Hunger Games happened during President Snow's last month ruling over Panem. It had barely been 3 months since the Quarter Quell and Panem was ,of course, furious he would do this. The Victors were Isolde Gelding and Fleur Dirgette.
The 75th Hunger Games was exceptionally unique as it was the only Games to have no victor. It also had the largest alliance consisting of fourteen members. This Hunger Games is also one of the shortest games, if not the shortest, lasting a total of 3 days.What age did Finnick Odair win? ›
These Hunger Games were won by Finnick Odair of District 4 when he was only fourteen years old, making him the youngest tribute to have ever won the Games. Finnick reportedly won the Games by having numerous sponsors supporting him, due to his good looks and skills that the other tributes didn't have.Was Finnick sold for his body? ›
After winning the games, Snow forced Finnick into prostitution and sold his body to Capitol residents to gain their trust. Finnick only agreed to take part because Snow threatened to torture his loved ones. Even though he bedded several women throughout his time as a victor, Finnick's love for Annie remained true.Was there a 77th Hunger Games? ›
The 77th Hunger Games are the first Hunger Games which involves children, who are related a higher force in the Capitol, whether deceased or not.Why can't Mags talk? ›
While the Hunger Games film never talked about it, the Catching Fire novel explained why she could only communicate through hand gestures. Katniss briefly mentioned that a previous stroke could have caused Mags' garbled speech. However, post-traumatic stress disorder could have also caused her speech incapacity.What did Katniss name her kids? ›
I just wanted to share with my fellow Hunger Games fandom that I looked up Katniss and Peeta's children's names and Suzanne Collins has in fact confirmed that their daughters name is Willow and their sons name is Rye.Who won the 80th Hunger Games? ›
This year's victor was Finnick Odair Jr., aged 16, from District 4.