Right now inSea of Thievesthere are only a few curses, but this may change depending on their popularity. They are recognizable cosmetic items that players can use to show off their in-game achievements.
Of course, such cool effects do not come easy. The reason these curses are talked about a lot is because they are rare. However, if you know where to look for them, make a little effort and reach the end, then all of them will definitely end up in your inventory.
- 1 Curse Sunken Sorrow
- 2 Legendary Curse
- 3 Curse of the Order
- 4 Ash Curse
- 5 Curse of the Golden Shores
Curse Sunken Sorrow
The glow-in-the-dark neon markings on the character's upper chest and face are an obvious symbol of the Sunken Sorrow curse.
To begin their journey towards obtaining it, players will first need tofind thirty diaries in the premises of the Sunken Kingdom. This means finding five diaries in each of the following shrines:
- Shrine of Famine
- Coral Tomb Sanctuary
- Shrine of Ocean's Destiny
- Shrine of the Flooded Embrace
- Shrine of Ancient Tears
- Sanctuary of Gifts
This unlocks a quest called Curse of the Sunken Kingdom. Right after it starts,buy at Larina Legend of the sunken kingdom.
This will unlock a journey that will require you to visit the following three shrines:
- Darkwater Enclave
- Sea Knot Fortress
- Shrine of Ancient Tears
If during the next stepsplayers will lose any items or log out of the game, they will have to repeat the journey again. So make sure you have enough time to complete all these steps.
There are a few items obtained on this journey that should be left with you or on your ship. These include:
- Forbidden Coral Chest
- Medallion of the Goldholder
- Three forbidden keys
- Mysterious Ancient Key (from Forbidden Coral Chest)
At the last step of this quest chain, you will have to hand over the Mysterious Ancient Key to open the door. Come inside and claim your prize!
The legendary Curse is notable for giving glowing blue eyes. Shirtless Pirates will get an additional bonus, as a glowing skull of the same color will flaunt above the heart.
To get the Legendary Curse, players needReach Legendary Reputation with at least XNUMX Major Trading Companies. It's 50 levels with three of the following:
- Gold Hoarders
- trade union
- Order of Souls
- Brotherhood of Hunters
- Sea wolves
- Dead man's bones
Also necessary Reach Fame Level 100 during the first season. There is speculation that it will be available again next season and that there will be new curses in future seasons, so stay tuned!
Curse of the Order
This item decorates the wearer's cheeks with black paint and replaces the eyes with black orbs.To get it, you must complete the quest chain called "Cursed Robber".
- Go to the Reaver outpost, visit the Order of Souls tent and find Madame Olivia inside. Her face is already under the Order's Curse, so you'll know you're on the right track.
- Select the book next to it and activate Tall Tales.
- Read the book Chronicle of Forgotten Lives. Your next task is to kill Captain Avery and her two comrades, Stan and Jones, but her whereabouts depend on a clue in the book.
- Watch and read carefully, Captain Avery can be on any of several islands and you will need to use the clues and pictures to determine which one.
- Possible locations are listed below: Refuge of the Outcasts, Shell Shoal, Devil's Backbone, Shark Feed, Nest of Serpents, or Wanderer's Refuge.
- Kill Captain Avery and two of her buddies.
- The bone key will lie next to her, and not on her, be sure to find it and take it.
- Reading the pages of the book entitled Hardhearted Bill's Memories will show you where the skeleton chest corresponding to this key is, and again, its location may vary depending on the text and images.
- Possible locations are: Curving Hollow, Ridge of Discovery, Watchtower, Rebel Crag, Treasure Valley, or Thieves' Hideout.
- You'll know you're in the right place when you're attacked by another Skeleton Pirate named Captain Blake, who will attack along with a couple of henchmen.
- Unlike the key, the chest in this place is buried, so you need to inspect the ground for anomalies, and then start digging.
- Take the loot to the ship.
- Open it and take the broken spyglass and the star map.
- Return to Madame Olivia, with the help of a ritual, she will turn these two items into an Enchanted Compass. Take it from the table.
- You have to kill the last skeleton pirate and her crew, but this time the location is indicated not by a book, but by an Enchanted Compass.
- Possible locations are Cannon Cove, Ridge of Discovery, Kraken's End, Lonely Cove, Mermaid's Retreat, Wreck Bay, Crooked Masts, or Wanderer's Retreat.
- The target is Captain Briggsy, who should not be underestimated.
- It is better to take all your friends with you to this fight, because unlike the other two fights, the enemy has an unlimited number of minions, and you will most likely have a very difficult time.
- Take her skull and return to Madame Olivia.
- Turning in the skull will complete the Tall Tale and earn the Fatal Memories reward.
- Finally, go to the Chic Items Chest and collect your well-deserved Order Curse!
- This is the only curse that gives some weapons in the process. If you've been following the game, check out your arsenal and you'll find some hard-earned equipment there, of which the Briggs Sword is the most impressive.
This curse gives the character an internal glow in the chest, eyes, and arms, and adds several glowing scars to the head.It is unlocked after completing Heart of Fire's Tall Tale.. Here's how to get this curse:
- Travel to Morrow's Rock Outpost and enter the Charred Parrot Inn. Inside, next to Tallulah, you'll find a Tall Tale story to vote on. Get in there and start it.
- Talulah will chat with you for a bit and then go outside where you will witness the conversation between Grace and Captain Pendragon.
- Fortunately, unlike the last Tall Tale, they will guide you specifically, and the contents of the book will be the same for everyone.
- Follow their directions and head to the hideout on Deceiver's Backbone to hunt down the traitor Scoundrel Jim.
- The entrance is in the northern part of the island and is hard to see, but you can find a lever that removes the boulder and allows you to enter Scoundrel Jim's lair.
- To unlock the Ash Curse, you will need five diaries, the first of which is in this very room on the table on the left.
- The rest of the room is a puzzle. Rotate the pillars until "Lord Flaming Heart" appears on them, and then pull the lever to open the Mysterious Key. Take him.
- The logs in the room show Scoundrel Jim headed to Devil's Thirst to summon the ash lord, so this place will be your next destination.
- Head back to the northern part of the island. This time, dive underwater and place the Mysterious Key in the vessel. This will open a skull-shaped doorway located next to it.
- The next maze is meant to drown you, but follow the orange crystals and you'll get to the right place.
- You will find yourself in a room with three doors: blue, green and orange. To open the door, throw a firebomb at the corresponding symbols on the ceiling.
- Open the blue door and go through it. There will be fire traps here, which can be avoided by waiting for them to turn off. Also on the way you have to deal with several enemies.
- The second diary is easy to miss. It is next to a pile of skulls on the left as you jump from rock to rock through a shallow pool of lava.
- You will have to swim underwater, pass several traps and kill more skeletons.
- After going through a few more fire traps (Scoundrel Jim is not too resourceful), there will be a pulley in front of a large pool of lava.
- By pulling on it, you will raise several stones from the lava. Jump over them and return to the starting room.
- This time go through the green door, but before that, take the third diary entry lying on the floor in front of the entrance.
- This walkthrough is very similar to the first one: dodge traps, kill enemies and throw firebombs at the skulls blocking the way forward.
- The fourth entrance will be at the end of the passage, next to a wooden cross and, you guessed it, a bunch of skulls.
- As in the last area, pulleys and levers will appear that you must use to unlock the option to return to the starting room.
- Behind the last door you will find new traps and skeletons, as well as skulls that require firebombs to open the doors. In fact, the skills used in the last two corridors are combined here.
- When you get to the fast-spinning blade section, you'll see four levers in the room (one of which is under water), each of which disables the blade, so pull them all and run as fast as you can.
- The fifth and final diary entry is easy to miss as it appears in the center of another trap. When the spikes drive you into the niches on the right, look at the floor in the second niche and take the last book.
- At the end of the corridor, you will hear Scoundrel Jim's desperate cries. Turns out doing business with the demonic ash lord isn't as cool as he thought.
- He will run away, but he will have to leave Scoundrel Jim's Chest of Fury. Pick it up and go forward.
- There will be more fire jets along the way from here. What a surprise. Dodge them and get out.
- Captain Pendragon awaits you on the surface, who will open a chest for you.
- This will unlock the Curse of Ash in the Luxury Items Chest, and you more than deserve it after dodging all those fire traps!
- Completing the quest will also unlock the Ash Dragon set if you're intent on getting this modification to match your ship's outfit style.
Curse of the Golden Shores
Getting the Curse of the Golden Shores will take you longer than anything else. But it's worth it, because the golden flecks look incredible on the character's skin, and also add a cool effect to any scars they cover.
- If you have followed this guide so far, you are already on the right track.You will need to complete the nine original Tall Tales stories. five times each.
- Find all the diaries in each story to get praise. You'll know you've done it if a check mark appears in the lower right corner of the story.
- Complete the rest of the stories before proceeding to the fifth playthrough of the Golden Shores, the ninth part, because that's when this curse will become available to you.
- The reward you are looking for is called In Search of a Great Adventure.
- Once you have obtained the Curse of the Golden Shores, as with other curses, you will find it inside the Chest of Luxury Items.
- In keeping with the theme of gold-plated personalization, this ninth part will grant a reward of gold and glory, and unlocks the gold-bearer nose figure, which can be installed on the ship. This is perfect for players who like to stick to a consistent style in their customization.
That's all! Wearing even one of these curses means that you have completed a significant amount of the story, and will allow you to earn the respect of other players.
Can you buy curses in sot? ›
Curses are a group of Vanity items in Sea of Thieves, which can be equipped at the Vanity Chest. Curses are a purely cosmetic element of the game and add no in-game benefits. They are acquired as rewards for specific Tall Tales related Commendations.What are all 4 curses in Sea of Thieves? ›
At the time of writing, there exist a total of four Curses in Sea of Thieves; The Ashen Curse, Curse of the Order, Shores of Gold Curse, and the Pirate Legend Curse.What is the easiest curse to get in Sea of Thieves? ›
The Ashen Curse is likely the easiest curse to unlock in Sea of Thieves. To unlock this curse, players need only get the commendation, The Blackwyche Reborn, which is to complete all commendations for the Heart of Fire Tall Tale.How do you get the Legendary Curse in Sea of Thieves? ›
To unlock the Legendary Curse, you must reach Allegiance Level 105 with The Guardians of Fortune Faction. Once you have reached level 105, you can purchase it from Legendary Luke in the Athena's Fortune Hideout. The Legendary Curse costs 500,000 gold.What is the rarest chest sot? ›
The Box of Wondrous Secrets is one of the Treasure Chests in Sea of Thieves. It is the rarest Treasure in the game.What is the strongest creature in Sea of Thieves? ›
The legendary Kraken is the deadliest enemy in "Sea of Thieves." Here's how to find the monster's location and kill it.What is the scariest monster in Sea of Thieves? ›
The Kraken is utterly horrifying. The Kraken spawns like any other world event, but can only appear when no other world event is going on.What is the hardest Sea of Thieves? ›
The Kraken is, without a doubt, the most challenging enemy to battle in Sea Of Thieves. Most beginner pirates stand no chance against an enemy such as this one, and the tentacles will quickly scoop you up into their mouths.What is bannable in Sea of Thieves? ›
We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of in-game hacking or cheating, and transgression can result in a permanent ban. Data-mined content is also prohibited from our channels as it can ruin future game updates for players who have no wish to be exposed to incomplete or out-of-context information.What is the rarest loot in Sea of Thieves? ›
The most valuable treasure in the Sea of Thieves is the Box of Wondrous Secrets.
What is the highest paying loot in Sea of Thieves? ›
Seek Reaper's Bounty Treasure
One of the most valuable items in the game is the Reaper's Bounty Treasure Chest which can be worth a whopping 10,000 gold coins or more when sold at the Reaper's Hideout, with sailing as a Reaper Emissary at a high grade increasing its value.
The Skeleton Curse can be obtained by the following methods: A Reaper's Bones Reputation of at least 75. The Champion of the Flame promotion. A Servants of the Flame Allegiance of at least 100.How do you get ghost curse? ›
[[To get the Ghostly Curse, you must be a Pirate Legend and reach Allegiance of 100 with the Guardians of Fortune, enter The Tavern of Legends Faction Hideout, and take part in the Blessing of Athena's Fortune ceremony. Once inside the Faction Hideout, head to Belle and Merrick near the highest point.What level is the Athena curse? ›
The Legendary Blessing of Athena's Fortune is a curse added during Season Eight and is awarded to the player after reaching Allegiance Level 1000 with the Guardians of Fortune. It appears as a golden variant of the Ghostly Curse.How rare is the Kraken Sot? ›
Kraken can appear ONLY between cloud events. assuming there are 5 ships on the server at that time you have 20% chances to get the kraken on you.What is the best skull in Sea of Thieves? ›
|Bounty Skull||Base Gold Reward||Base Emissary Value|
|Skeleton Captain's Skull||850 - 2,200||4860|
|Stronghold Skull||1,800 - 4,200||9720|
|Gold Hoarder's Skull||10,000||n/a|
|Ashen Winds Skull||4,000 - 10,000||15750|
You can only earn the Ruby Sovereign Eyepatch by completing the Long-Term Challenge from the Jewels of the Deep event.What is the fastest ship in Sot? ›
The Galleon is the fastest ship, with the exception of sailing against the wind or when sailing with sidewind. With four crewmates on the cannons, a Galleon can quickly sink just about any ship when positioned right. Expert sailors will have to make use of the two Harpoons to achieve the best maneuverability.What is the best sword in Sea of Thieves? ›
The cutlass is the best option because it needs no aiming or strategy, just spamming. That is why it's both annoying and reliable. This is arguably the best weapon in Sea of Thieves for quick survival.What is invincibility in Sea of Thieves? ›
The invincibility bug is where all players on the server become invincible to sword strikes and bullet hits for a period of time. It seems like it is only an issue affecting galleon arena. It can last for only a minute or it can last the entire game.
Who is the final boss in Sea of Thieves? ›
The Gold Hoarder, also known by his human name Rathbone, is a Skeleton Lord with insatiable greed that created The Gold Hoarders Trading Company. He is featured as a final boss in Shores of Gold and Dark Brethren.What is the most legendary sea monster? ›
The mythical kraken may be the largest sea monster ever imagined. Some stories described it as more than 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) around with arms as large as ship's masts.Can you get drunk in Sea of Thieves? ›
Players can drink Grog by using their Tankards, which they have on them at all times. When a Tankard is emptied, it can be refilled at any Grog Barrel, Tavern or a Chest of a Thousand Grogs. Players will become increasingly more drunk the more Grog they consume. The effect can last up to a couple of minutes.What is the strongest ship in Sea of Thieves? ›
If you want to sail solo and fight other players, then the Sloop is best. A duo can use a Sloop very effectively in PVP or manage well enough in a Brigantine. A three-person team will do better in a Brigantine for PVP and can manage a Galleon for everything else. The four-person team needs the Galleon.Who is the secret boss in Sea of Thieves? ›
The Ghost of Graymarrow is a Skeleton Lord who is the final boss of The Fort of the Damned Raid in Sea of Thieves. Once killed, the Ghost of Graymarrow drops the Fort of the Damned Key that opens the locked Fortress Vault.What is the deepest part of the ocean in Sea of Thieves? ›
It will have you hungering for more.
The servers are currently capable of holding up to 5 ships at one time, with a maximum of 16 players total.Can you get banned for spawn killing in Sea of Thieves? ›
in this game spawn camping is not bannable. the only thing close would be if they were some how being toxic or greefing in the process. In Sea of Thieves you always have the option to scuttle your boat, so spawn camping is 100% fine.Do Sea of Thieves hacks exist? ›
Sadly, Sea of Thieves cheats and hacks certainly do exist – and we've said sadly simply because of how they're used. While some developers deliberately include cheats and codes in their games for fun or to make the experience easier or more entertaining, Sea of Thieves hacks serve a different purpose entirely.How much does Athena chest sell for? ›
|Chest of Legends|
|Sell to||Mysterious Stranger or The Servant of the Flame|
|Base Gold Reward||8600 - 11000|
What is the rare sniper in Sea of Thieves? ›
The Eye of Reach is a powerful sniper rifle that fires a single shot up to a great range, but is highly inaccurate from hip fire. The Eye of Reach has a cartridge of 5 Shots that need to be reloaded at an Ammo Chest or an Armoury once empty.What is Sea of Theives best weapon? ›
- 6 Sailor Flintlock.
- 5 Sailor Blunderbuss.
- 4 Sailor Cutlass.
- 3 Trident Of Dark Tides.
- 2 Sailor Eye Of Reach.
- 1 Ashen Skull.
No matter what island or part of the sea they sail on, it's rare for a crew to come back without at least a few items to sell to the Gold Hoarders. So, if shiny things are a priority then it would be wise to grab the Gold Hoarders emissary, even if some quests are a little boring.What is the best chest in Sea of Thieves? ›
|Chest||Base Gold Reward||Base Emissary Value|
|Chest of the Damned||1,000 - 1,160||3300|
|Skeleton Captain's Chest||1,150 - 1,550||6000|
|Stronghold Chest||1,500 - 3,000||12000|
|Chest of Ancient Tributes||3,400 - 3,900||9720|
Once inside the Faction Hideout, head to Belle and Merrick near the highest point. Interact with the prompt in front of them to receive your blessing. During the Blessing of Athena's Fortune, the Pirate Lord will bestow a blessing on you that transform you into a ghost.What is the unkillable skeleton in Sea of Thieves? ›
These skeletons are invulnerable whenever it is nighttime and the only way to make them vulnerable is to equip the lantern and raise it up. The shadow skeletons will immediately react, recoiling from the light while their bodies become whole.
To get the Skeleton Curse, you must reach a Reputation of 75 with the Reaper's Bones and an Allegiance of 100 with the Servants of the Flame. Then, enter The Reaper's Lair and take part in the Ritual of the Flame ceremony.How do you get the flame curse? ›
As of the 1.4 update, it is possible to obtain Cursed Flames in a Crimson world without the use of creating another world. To do so, one must buy Corrupt Seeds from the Dryad in Hardmode while in a Graveyard and let it spread anywhere in the world to create an artificial Corrupt biome, giving access to Cursed Flames.How do you get the black pearl curse? ›
The curse of the title occurs when black-hearted Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) relieves fellow pirate Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) not only of his command but his ship, the Black Pearl, and its treasure, leaving him to die on a tiny isle.How many people have the Gold Curse? ›
Basically, the Gold Curse texture pool consists of ALL the old versions of the Gold Hoarders, as well as the ALL the new versions of the Gold Hoarders... There's a total of 7 Gold Hoarder NPC's. 6 old + 7 new = 13 total gold curse appearances players can get. Now we know how the curse works!
How many Athena chests for level 10? ›
So if you've been wondering how many Athena voyages you need to do to get to certain levels I've got you covered. I did some digging and got the numbers for exactly how many you'll need. There ya have it mates! A whopping 93 chest in total for 1 to 10.What do you get at Athena 20? ›
|Rank||Promotion Name||Title Unlocked|
|10||Guardian of Athena's Fortune||Guardian of Athena's Fortune|
|20||Champion of Athena's Fortune||Champion of Athena's Fortune|
|30||Vanguard of Athena's Fortune||Vanguard of Athena's Fortune|
|Dark Adventurers Set|
The Tome of Curses I is a type of Ashen Tome in Sea of Thieves. All Ashen Tomes can be sold to the Bilge Rats at any Tavern for 10 Doubloons. Alternatively, they can be sold to the Reaper's Bones for Doubloons and Reputation instead.Where can you buy transient curses? ›
- Sold by the Female Undead Merchant for 4,000 souls a piece.
- Sold by the Ingward for 1,000 souls a piece. ( ...
- Dropped by ghosts in New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse in a vase, before the rickety bridge to New Londo Ruins.
Reaper's Bounty Chests are amongst the most valuable items found throughout Sea Of Thieves, selling for a base price of 10,000 gold.Should I sell Ashen Key? ›
It is recommended to sell these Keys to the Reaper's Bones as they will offer increasing Doubloon, Reputation and Emissary Value multipliers for selling these items to The Servant of the Flame as Graded Reaper's Bones Emissaries.Can you open Ashen Marauder's chest? ›
The Ashen Marauder's Chest is a type of Ashen Treasure Chest in Sea of Thieves. Treasure Chests are locked with locks that can only be opened by Skeleton Keys held by Gold Hoarders on every Outpost.Can I sell ashen chest? ›
Like the Ashen Keys, Ashen Chests can be sold to the Bilge Rats in the Tavern for 5 Doubloons, or they can be opened with an Ashen Key to discover Tomes (more on that below).What is the Four Kings weakness? ›
They appear to have some weakness to fire, like many undead, so a fire weapon may be a good choice. Using the Grass Crest Shield, Mask of the Child, and/or Cloranthy Ring will help with the fight.
Is there a bonfire in New Londo? ›
There is no bonfire in the area and it serves as the gateway to The Abyss, once you lower the water level.